We value you as a customer and take your personal privacy seriously. We will inform you of our policies for collecting, using, securing, and sharing non-public personal information ("customer information") the first time we do business and every year that you are an AFR customer.
- We do not sell customer information.
- We do not provide customer information to persons or organizations outside our AFR affiliate companies who are doing business on our behalf, for their own marketing purposes.
- We require any person or organization providing products or services to customers on our behalf to protect the confidentiality of AFR customer information.
- We afford prospective and former customers the same protection as existing customers with respect to the use of personal information.
Information we may collect
- We collect and use information we believe is necessary to administer our business, to advise you about our products and services, and to provide you with our customer service. We may collect and maintain several types of customer information needed for these purposes, such as those below:
- From you, on applications for our insurance products, or on other forms through telephone or in-person interviews, your AFR agent, such as your address and telephone number.
- From your transactions with us, such as your payment history, underwriting and claim documents.
- From non-AFR companies, such as your driving record and claim history.
- From consumer reporting agencies, such as your credit history.
How We Use Information About You
We use customer information to underwrite your policies, process your claims, ensure proper billing and service of your accounts.
We share information about our transactions (such as payment of premium) and experiences (such as an auto accident) with you within the AFR affiliated companies and with AFR agents to assist in meeting your product and service needs. We may also disclose customer information about you to persons or organizations outside our affiliated companies which perform necessary services connected with the administration of our business, or as otherwise permitted or required by law. For example, we may disclose such information to companies that provide marketing services for us or companies with which we have joint marketing agreements. These agreements allow us to provide a broader selection of insurance services to you.
We share customer information as necessary to handle your claim and to protect you against fraud and unauthorized transactions. For example, we might share customer information such as name, address, and coverage information with an auto body shop to speed up repairs on an auto damage claim.
We may share information within AFR affiliated companies that was obtained from your application, such as your occupation; or information obtained from a consumer report, such as your credit history. We may also verify information provided by you, such as your driving record; or information regarding your employment, such as your employment history.